The Family Support Program at Hope Trust is designed to work concurrently with the client’s treatment. Having a family member in treatment can be difficult for all who are involved. It can often cloud the ability to make the right decision when it comes to helping that family member during and post treatment.
The Hope Family Support Program focuses on understanding the disease of addiction and how it impacts everyone in a family, constructive problem resolution and continuing care for the whole family.
Family members learn about various family dynamics and tools that they can use to build healthy family systems with someone in recovery. In addition, specific information regarding the family member in treatment is incorporated to ensure a lasting recovery for the client and healthy family dynamics.
The key elements of the Hope Family Support Program include:
- Educating the family about addiction
- Briefing the family about what to expect from the treatment program and how to cooperate for maximum benefit
- Introduction to Al-anon family support groups
- Counselling for personal issues, conflict resolution and stress management
- Participation in structured intervention sessions with clients in treatment
- Communication exercises between the client and family members
- Participation in the client’s relapse prevention plan
- Regular classes at Hope Trust for families on various aspects of addiction and recovery