A significant number of marriages end in divorce. Unmarried couples also face conflict in their relationship. This could include:
- Negative communication – that creates a distance or causes hurt
- Extra-marital affairs – forgiving or moving on can be difficult
- Just co-existing – with lack of intimacy and a sense of genuine sharing
- Unable to resolve discord – not knowing how to deal with conflict
- Acting out on negative feelings – such as resentments or disappointments
- A timeout does not work – the problem persists despite temporary separation
Hope Trust offers couples/ marital counselling that seeks to resolve issues faced by married/ unmarried couples.